Sunday 22 March 2009

ObAmA

Finally these whole craziness concerning the President election is the US ended up. As for the winner, I am extremely satisfied it is Barack Obama who won the election, since I supported him from the very begging. You may wonder why? To my way of thinking, first and foremost, it will have an enormous influence on the situation of Black-American people in the US. One cannot deny that achieving ‘full equality’ by Black-Americans related to civic rights is not tantamount to admitting that racial discrimination does not exist. I mean, those people are still prone to encounter a great deal of discrimination in various areas of life. The election of Barack Obama for the 44th president may be a stepping stone to overturn this inequality. As you may see, my strongest expectation concerns the racial issues. As far ‘real’ politics goes, honestly, I am not keen on it, as a result I am not able to predict what kind of changes may occur in USA. Moreover, I assume that many of you bear in mind following question: Does the election of Barack Obama have any impact on political situation of Poland? Hmm Hopefully yes, however, we have to wait some time in order to get a clear answer for this question…


And I could play basketball, with a consuming passion that would always exceed my limited talent....
--Barack Obama, from his autobiography Dreams from My Father

Hmmm …In the light of the above quotation we may assume that Barack is exceptionally modest person.

By the way, what astonished me about this photo, is the fact that Barack Obama is the only Afro-American men in the picture... what perfectly correspond to the idea of racial inequality expressed before.

No comments: